Monday, October 13, 2014

Week 5: October 5th to October 13th

What I Did This Week:

- Opened issue #618, involving using quotation marks in various fields in the Talk Editor.
- Discussed changes in PR #605 with Dennis Ideler, e.g. UI changes.
- Studied the Config Tool ant the Qt functions involved with it.
- Looked at the Get Started guide; didn't find anything worth changing at this time.

What I Plan to Do Next Week:

- Continue perfecting PR #605.
- Do some research on how installation works in general, i.e. what's the difference between the Freeseer that gets installed, and the Freeseer we run from the source? I suspect this information will be valuable to me long after I leave this project.
- See if I can get some basic understanding of the code the other students are working on.

Problems, past and upcoming:

- There were some disagreements about what the UI should look like when the user switches from one talk to another without saving the current talk. However, I believe we have reached a consensus about what it should look like now.
- In the past week, I had a number of assignments to do and meetings to go to, as well as a whole Thanksgiving weekend to prepare for and attend. This week, I still have some assignments to do and some midterms to study for. I believe I have kept my head above water so far. This week might not be my most productive. Time in itself is not too much of a problem -- I can easily put in 10 hours, but if I'm working on other things, the hours might not be as focused and productive as I'd like them to be.
- Due to a previous commitment, I will not be able to attend the October 26th hangout.

Discussion:

Not much to talk about this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment