Friday, October 24, 2014

Week 7: October 19th to October 25th

What I Did This Week:

- Studied PyTest and UnitTest more. In particular, I learned about the importance of fixtures.
- Consulted Freeseer documentation for contributors on Testing. Also consulted PR #619 and other sources on how Testing is currently done in Freeseer.
- Learned how profiles are created -- in particular, studied Profiles.py, including Profile and ProfileManager classes -- to understand how fixtures use them.

What I Plan to Do Next Week:

- Determine what, in practical terms, has to be tested in order to check whether my new functions in TalkEditor.py work as promised. (For that matter, how do I know if the test itself is valid?)
- Figure out how to write tests that involve a Table View.

Problems:

- Last week I was very sick: this week, I wasn't sick, but I was very busy, and I'll continue to be busy over the weekend. The SFU Choir has a retreat this weekend (9:00 AM Saturday straight to 5:00 PM Sunday), and there has been a surprising amount of preparation to do in the week leading up to it. For that reason, I will not be present at the Sunday Hangout.

No comments:

Post a Comment